This week’s forecast for Brooklyn is mostly sunny, sunny, and sunny, with highs in the low 50s. I have some extra time off work because of spring break, so here’s what I’d love to get done in the garden by the end of March:
- Build a second trash can compost bin
- Build two raised beds and sow carrots, beets, radishes and spinach
- Pot up some cool-weather seedlings that I started indoors, then harden them off slowly
- Build cedar planters for my blackberries and wineberries
- Try to level what’s left of the lawn (it’s so bumpy!)
There’s a lot of manual labor on that to-do list and I’m looking forward to every minute of it! I’ll be posting some diy instructions on building the planters, plus my method of capping-off the contaminated soil underneath the vegetable beds.